The Icarus Foundation cannot achieve its goals alone. We need your leadership to make sustainability a priority for the industry. Help us meet our goals by allowing us to help you meet yours.
Your organization can become a leader in mitigating the effects of climate change through sustainable tourism initiatives.
The Icarus Foundation offers the following opportunities to become a leader:
- Industry Partnerships
- Consulting Sevices
- Educational Workshops
Consulting Services & Educational Workshops
Tourism businesses are becoming increasingly concerned about the impact of their activities on their host destinations, but many of these organizations lack the experience and expertise to address such issues.
In our efforts to work directly with tourism businesses to help them meet their environmental goals, The Icarus Foundation provides the following suite of services:
- Educational Workshops – on a host of important topics in sustainable tourism development, particularly climate change impacts and mitigation
- Sustainability Assessment – evaluating all areas of your business and advise on how to reduce your environmental footprint
- Integrated Environmental Management Plans – to reduce greenhouse gas emissions and to develop and exceed environmental targets
- Carbon Mitigation – a four-phase approach to reducing your carbon footprint
- Environmental Benchmarking – implementing a strategy for measurement in order to quantify what you manage and achieve targeted objectives
- Marketing Strategies – positioning yourself authentically as a responsible green company
- Carbon, Energy, Water and Waste Audits
- Eco-certification Assessments – evaluation of industry certification programs
- Environmental Policy Development – getting started on developing standards, internal policies and mission statements
- Event Greening – your meetings, your events, your workplace
- Research – targeted research to determine external industry and stakeholder standards and trends
- Environmental Manuals – toolkits and training manuals for reducing your footprint